When one normally talks about a life change, it’s to do with changing jobs, getting married, moving for a promotion, retirement, etc. We don’t know anyone who’s moved to Uzbekistan before, and this is a major life change for us… in more ways than one.
Background – Alicia and I lived in Italy together for two years after getting married. Before that, I was with the same employer, and altogether had been in Italy six years, and in Bahrain for one. Alicia was in Bahrain for two years before relocating to Ukraine where she lived for another four years up until we got married in 2013, and colocated in Italy.
And now, here we are in Uzbekistan – I left my job of eight years, and decided it was time to start work on my Master’s Degree. That’s going to be my focus. Alicia is now back at work teaching music to the children of the international expat community here in Tashkent, at Tashkent International School.
So what does this mean for the PashbyMaul Adventures travel blog? Well we think it’s really exciting! Exploring the googlesphere prior to our relocation we found little to no original firsthand content written about our new home. The English speaking world simply doesn’t know anything about this corner of the planet. Sure you can get your hands on a pretty good guidebook, but I’d argue that nine out of ten people have never even heard of Uzbekistan.
PashbyMaul Adventures current location means great opportunity in the travel writing world! Here’s a taste of what Uzbek adventures we hope to bring you in the months ahead:
- Walking tour of the major sights of Tashkent, Capital of Uzbekistan
- Shopping in Tashkent’s Bazaars
- Tashkent Railway Museum
- Highlights of Samarkand – The Registan, Gur-e-Amir, Shah-i-Zinda, Ulugh Beg Observatory, and the Bibi Khanym Mosque
- Uzbek wine – what’s all the fuss about?
- Tashkent Russian Orthodox Center
- High Speed Rail travel in Uzbekistan on Afrosiyob
- Uzbekistan Airways Experience
So now would be a great time to subscribe! Here’s how to do it so you never miss a new adventure.
- Near the top right hand side of this page, you will see a headline that says “Follow Blog via Email”, just above the search box.
- Inside the box where it says “Enter your email address”, type your email address…
- Click the “subscribe” button!
Congratulations! You are now subscribed! Every time we post a new adventure, you will be notified with an email. We’re also on facebook, so please check out our page at facebook.com/pashbymaul and experience this corner of the world as we do. At this point, we’re just getting our feet wet.